What makes us so different?
If you know a thing or two about dog grooming parlours then you will know that some of them don't adhere to best practice but simply run a conveyor belt service. We don't.
- The grooming process,
- Canine behaviour and handling,
- Animal learning theories,
- Gait analysis,
- Canine first aid,
- Diseases and conditions found in dogs,
- Health and safety,
- Product availability and appropriate use and specialist treatments,
- Risk awareness and environmental safety,
- Animal Welfare.
- Skilled, professional and compassionate dog grooming.
- Plenty of time taken over each dog, and each dog groomed with patience.
- Every dog handled to their individual temperament, behaviour, age and ability.
- All grooms are tailored to the dog's individual coat and skin needs.
- A 7 Point health check with client feedback.
- Anal gland expression if needed.
- Nails trimmed where needed.
- Ears cleaned.
- All tables and equipment sterilised between each groom and well maintained.
- All towels and cleaning cloths are used per dog and washed after each individual dog.
- Time spent with clients before the groom to discuss individual requirements.
- Grooms carried out to breed standard or as required by the client.
- Feedback on your dogs health, skin and coat after grooming.
What are the benefits of regular grooming?
All dogs, whether long or short haired need regular grooming to help maintain their coat, remove tangles and knots and keep them clean. Knots tight to the skin are very painful and cause discomfort when walking and running.
It is true that a well groomed dog is a much more comfortable, happier and healthy dog.
But it is not all about the finished look!
As well as comfort and wellbeing theses are the five main benefits to regular grooming.
1. Cleanliness and less risk of disease.
2. Health of the coat and skin.
3. Better appearance and smell!
4. Health checks and early warning of illness and sometimes more serious conditions.
5. Building positive relationships and improved behaviour.